This course is an excellent means of training new team members and milieu/line staff, and strengthening existing team members' skills.
Dr. Linehan’s Skills Training Manual is a recommended resource with this course, but it is not a requirement.
- Linehan, M.M. (1993). Skills training manual for treating borderline personality disorder. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Understand how skills training fits into the comprehensive treatment of DBT
- Lead teaching the Core Mindfulness Skills™
- Lead skills practice
- Explain the Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
- Lead behavioral rehearsal in group, including the rapid rehearsal
- Overcome client objections during DBT Skills Training
- Teach Distress Tolerance Skills
- Problem solve clients’ reluctance to use Distress Tolerance skills
- Teach Emotion Regulation Skills
- Lead homework review
- List the elements in skills coaching
- Discuss rationale for skills coaching
For groups of 11 or more, please contact Behavioral Tech, LLC for a special rate.
Professors: Professors who wish to use this course with their class will receive complimentary access and their students will receive 50% off the retail price. To learn more or receive access to a course preview, contact Behavioral Tech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.675.8588.
Student Rate: Students receive 50% off the retail price. Proof of current student status is required. Please complete the student order form and mail it in with payment and proof of student status (see student order form for details).
Extensions for already purchased Online Training: available for an additional charge. Please email email@example.com or call 206.675.8588.
An older version of Adobe's Flash Player has caused some problems in our DBT Skills Training Course. In order to fix this issue, please download the most current version of Flash Player. Open the PDF below to learn more.
- Flash animation
- Interactive modules
- Audio recordings
Minimum System Requirements
- 32 MB RAM
- 56KB Connection speed or higher
- Flash 6.0
- Soundcard recommended (see FAQ for details)
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 recommended
- Please note that this course is not Section 508 compliant
Microsoft Windows Users
- Windows 98/NT/Me/2000/XP/7
- Internet Explorer 7 (or higher), Firefox 3.0 (NOT Google Chrome)
- Mac OS X 10.1
- Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.0 (NOT Safari)
If you are eligible, successful completion of every Post Assessment of this course and passing the post-test with a minimum of 70 percent will enable you to receive continuing education credits.
Continuing education requirements vary by state. Please contact your state’s regulatory authority to verify if this course meets your continuing education requirements. Inquiries regarding CE for other disciplines not listed may be directed to Behavioral Tech at 206.675.8588 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility for continuing education credit terminates one year after the expiration of your online course.