Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder: 1st Edition
This item has a new edition. You can order it here.
Individuals with borderline personality disorder often have severe deficits in behavioral coping skills. This book is the original edition of the step-by-step guide to teaching clients four sets of DBT skills: interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and mindfulness. With its companion text, Linehan's (1993) Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder, this volume is an invaluable resource for all professionals who work with this difficult-to-treat population. This book is mentioned in From Chaos to Freedom skills training videos, developed to help DBT Skills Trainers teach their clients about DBT skills. This series consists of four DVDs:
- Crisis Survival Skills, Part 1: Distracting and Self Soothing($65.00)
- Crisis Survival Skills, Part 2: Improving the Moment and Pros & Cons($65.00)
- From Suffering to Freedom: Practicing Reality Acceptance($65.00)
- This One Moment: Skills For Everyday Mindfulness($65.00)
- You may also be interested in Opposite Action: Changing Emotions You Want to Change ($49.00)
Looking for books about DBT?
Here are some books for mental health students and professionals:
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder by Marsha M. Linehan
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy® with Suicidal Adolescents by Alec Miller and Jill Rathus and forward by Marsha M. Linehan
- DBT® in Clinical Practice: Applications Across Disorders and Settings edited by Linda A. Dimeff and Kelly Koerner
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy® for Binge Eating and Bulimia by Debra Safer, Christy Telch, and Eunice Chen.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy: Distincive Features by Michaela Swales and Heidi Heard
Authors: Marsha M. Linehan
Publisher: Guilford Press