TTW: Mastering Your Fears and Phobias, 2nd Ed. (Therapist Guide)
Specific Phobia is the most commonly occurring anxiety disorder with approximately 12.5% of the general population reporting at least one specific phobia during their lives. People may fear heights, flying, spiders, blood, water, and any other number of circumscribed objects or situations. Research has shown the most effective treatment for these fears and phobias is an exposure-based, cognitive-behavioral program.
Written by renowned researchers, this Therapist Guide provides you with all the information you need to help your clients ease their anxiety and conquer their fears. Whether they are afraid of dentists, dogs, or driving, you can teach your clients the necessary skills to overcome their phobia in as little as a few weeks.
The strategies outlined in this book include exposure exercises and cognitive restructuring techniques. The corresponding workbook includes blank forms and records for tracking progress and allows the client to extend the therapeutic experience outside of the office. Together, both books form a comprehensive package that has proven to be the most effective and successful treatment available for specific phobia.
If you are interested in further training and information about Exposure, you may also be interested in our online learning courses Foundations of Exposure Therapies and Mastery of Anxiety and Panic for Adolescents with the accompanying manual by Donna B Pincus, Jill T Ehrenreich, and Sara G Mattis
You may also be interested in the following titles available on this website:
- Handbook of Exposure Therapies by David C.S. Richard and Dean Lauterbach
- Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, 2nd Ed by Michelle G. Craske and David H. Barlow
- Prolonged Exposure Treatment for PTSD by Edna Foa, Elizabeth Hembree and Barbara Olaslov Rothbaum
- Mastery of Your Anxiety and Worry by Richard E. Zinbarg, Michelle G. Craske and David H. Barlow
- Mastery of Anxiety and Panic for Adolescents: Riding the Wave Therapist Guide by Donna B Pincus, Jill T Ehrenreich, and Sara G Mattis
Authors: Michelle G. Craske, Martin M. Antony and David H. Barlow
Publisher: Oxford University Press