Expert DBT® consultation services are tailored to help you meet your clinical and program goals.
- Have you received Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training™ and are now looking for more advanced feedback on your practice?
- Do you need to fulfill supervision requirements to prepare for DBT Certification?
- Do you want to increase your precision and effectiveness when delivering DBT strategies?
- Are you seeking individualized feedback on maintaining accurate emotion focus and managing therapy-interfering behaviors?
- Does your program need site-specific feedback to improve fidelity?
- Do you want to become more flexible and confident in delivering a range of behavioral interventions?
- Are you interested in expert review of your session recordings? Audio/Visual review of treatment sessions provides you with precise and effective feedback, and is an excellent option for those who lack the resources for in-house session review.
DBT consultation sessions are appropriate for a wide range of DBT clinicians and DBT programs, from those just beginning DBT to those at advanced levels. Consultation sessions follow the same basic structure as DBT treatment sessions: consultants work with you collaboratively to set an agenda and prioritize targets, and the content of consultation sessions is matched to your treatment goals and skill level. Consultants use assessment strategies to gain a clear picture of your clinical or programmatic question(s). Consultants use both acceptance and change-based strategies to engage you in active problem-solving. The consultant and you then generate solutions together and troubleshoot the obstacles getting in the way of solving your particular clinical or program problems.
Clinical Case Consultation* centers on how to be an effective DBT provider. Consultants guide providers and/or teams on a range of topics. Examples include case conceptualization, commitment strategies, maintaining accurate emotion focus, identifying the function of behavior and emotions, behavioral rehearsal of DBT strategies, skills training, and incorporating family and ancillary providers into treatment.
Program Consultation centers on how to run, maintain, and participate in an effective DBT program. Consultants provide expertise on such things as meeting the functions of treatment in specific settings, when and how to adapt standard DBT with fidelity, running a sustainable and effective consultation team, incorporating outcome measures into your program, and ways to integrate DBT within the specific guidelines and policies of your organization.
Session Review: Review of your actual recorded treatment sessions is a valuable opportunity to receive micro-feedback on your session structure and appropriate use of in-session interventions and strategies. Consultants review recordings of treatment sessions; feedback takes place in the subsequent consultation session. You are encouraged to guide the consultant's review by sending along specific questions or concerns, prior to recording review.*
The team or individual clinician is responsible for all preparations associated with hosting the consultation. These costs may include, but are not limited to, means of telecommunication, the consultation site room rental, catering (if needed), and audiovisual equipment. In the case of onsite consultations, the team or individual clinician is responsible for travel-related costs that may include, but are not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meals for the consultant.
For more information and to set up consultation services, please contact Client Services at email@example.com or call 206.675.8588.
* Behavioral Tech will work with providers to ensure secure, HIPAA-compliant transfer of session recordings.