Training Options for Individuals and Teams
Behavioral Tech is here to help you with every step of your DBT training needs. We've organized our catalog of in-person, online, and self-study training options into easy-to-navigate levels. Visit our event calendar to find currently scheduled opportunities or start learning today with an online training course.
If you don't see a scheduled event that meets your needs, don't worry. We regularly work with agencies and large organizations to develop training programs that complement their unique needs. We offer agencies the flexibility of choosing a private training format or partnering with us to co-host one of our standard trainings that is also open to the public. By providing a venue and other support for a Behavioral Tech training, co-hosting agencies have a cost-effective option to bring our training directly to their staff.
We also work with large systems — public and private — to implement and train their care providers across a continuum of care. Learn moreabout our implementation model.
Level 1 — Introductory
Our Level 1 options are intended for practitioners who are interested in learning more about Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and assessing if DBT is right for their practice and their clients. The videos and courses in Level 1 introduce important components of the treatment and are appropriate for clinicians new to DBT.
- Is DBT for You and Your Clients? Choose from live webinar or in-person teaching. Or view a 1-hour, free recording of Dr. Tony DuBose teaching this content.
- Introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Skillful Living
- DBT at a Glance: An Introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DVD or on-demand video formats available)
Level 2 — Essentials
Level 2 options address the essentials of behavior therapy, DBT, and other treatments. These courses are appropriate for clinicians and providers at every stage of professional development. Choose from flexible formats that include in-person training, online courses, and on-demand videos.
- Therapy Essentials: Core topics appropriate for all clinical professionals and not specific to DBT
- Suicide Risk Assessment, Management, and Treatment
- Treating Therapy Interfering Behaviors
- Mindfulness and Reality Acceptance for Personal and Professional Practice
- DBT Addiction Skills with Dr. Marsha Linehan (on-demand video series)
- Behavior Therapy Lessons with Dr. Marsha Linehan (on-demand video series)
- DBT-Specific Essentials
- Skills Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy: The Essentials & 2015 Updates
- Getting to the Heart of the Problem: Targeting, Assessing, and Solving Problem Behaviors
- DBT Skills & Strategies for Front Line Staff
- Online Training Options
Level 3 — Comprehensive Training in Standard DBT
Level 3 trainings are the best choice for individuals and teams who seek in-depth training to start a DBT program or train new members. These options also meet criteria for DBT certification and are required for anyone interested in Level 4 training.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training: For teams starting a DBT program
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Foundational Training: For new members of existing DBT teams
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Team-Building Intensive Program: For individuals who want to be matched into a DBT team
Level 4 — Advanced Training and Adaptations
Level 4 trainings allow experienced DBT therapists — those who have completed Level 3 training and provide DBT in their clinical work — to advance and sustain their DBT knowledge. Learn how to adapt DBT for specific client populations or choose an advanced training designed to address the needs of seasoned DBT clinicians. Advanced trainings are led by world-renowned DBT experts who have pioneered clinical adaptations and research in highly requested, specialized content.
- Advanced Training
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Advanced Intensive Training
- Advanced Case Consultation
- Advanced Topics in DBT Series: Quarterly offerings in destination cities — topics vary as dictated by new developments and research
- Adapting Standard DBT to Specific Populations
- Adapting your DBT Program for Substance Use Disorders
- Adapting Your DBT Program for Clients with Eating Disorders
- Intensive Training in the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Prolonged Exposure Protocol for PTSD
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills with Multi-Problem Adolescents: Skills Updates, Teaching Strategies, and Engaging Teens and Caregivers
Options Appropriate at Every Level
- Webinars: We offer a variety of live and recorded webinars covering topics from DBT basics to advanced adaptations of DBT.
- Books, videos, and CDs
- Customized Consultation with a DBT Expert: Enhance your clinical skills and grow your DBT program through consultation with a DBT expert. Consultants work with you on what you need most, including general consultation, program consultation, clinical case consultation, and session review. Consultation is appropriate for both individuals and DBT teams.