- Use Your Course Key to Start Your Access
- Download Mozilla Firefox
- Update Flash Player
- Sign in to online training
- Additional troubleshooting for a course that is not working
Retrieve Your Letter of Completion
Use Your Course Key to Start Your Access
When you purchase a Behavioral Tech online training course, you will receive an order confirmation from our store and a separate email that contains your course key. You can also find all your course keys in your account under Online Training in section three, labeled “Course Key Purchase History.”
If you purchased the course for personal use, log in to your account and follow the instructions below to activate your course. If you purchased the course for someone else, have them create a Behavioral Tech account, log in, and follow the instructions below to activate the course.
The three or six months of access begin when you activate the course key.
- In the My Account section, navigate to the Online Training page of your account. If you do not have an account, please create one.
- Copy the course key from your email and paste it into the text box under “Use a Course Key to Activate a Course.” Make sure to copy the course key without any extra space after the key.
- A confirmation message should appear under the “Use Course Key” button. If so, scroll up and click on the “Go to Online Learning” button to start your course.
- Please make sure you are using Firefox and an up-to-date Flash player. Read on if you need instructions to download Firefox and update Flash.
Download Mozilla Firefox
Our online training courses require the use of Mozilla Firefox, which provides the best user experience to access our courses.
- You can download Mozilla Firefox from the Mozilla website. Click “Free Download.”
- Click “Save File.”
- Once the download has complete, double-click the file to start the install process. When asked if you want to allow the program to make changes on your system, click “yes.” Follow the Firefox prompts to install the browser on your computer.
- Once the install is complete, launch Firefox and proceed to updating your Flash Player within Firefox.
Update Adobe Flash Player
The Adobe Flash Player tool will likely need to be updated several times during your online training experience. We apologize for this inconvenience. The updates are driven by online security concerns and are released by Adobe whenever they feel a security patch is necessary. Your online training course will often not work at all if you need to update to the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. It is critical that you make sure you are always using the latest version of Flash Player.
- You can download or update to the latest version of Flash Player from the Adobe website.
- Make sure to deselect the optional offers.
- Click “Install Now.”
- Wait for it to initialize.
- If prompted, close any Mozilla Firefox windows that are open.
- Click “Save File.”
- Once the download has complete, double-click the file to start the install process. When asked if you want to allow the program to make changes on your system, click “yes.” Follow the Adobe prompts to Flash Player within Firefox.
Sign in to online training
- Make sure you are using Firefox and that Flash Player is up-to-date within Firefox. See instructions above.
- Log in to your account on the Behavioral Tech website.
- Click on the link that says, “Online Training.”
- Click on the pink button that says “Go to Online Learning.” A new tab will open, and you will be automatically logged into the online training system.
NOTE: If you see the following screen when you click the pink “Go to Online Learning” button, it means the passwords are not synced between the two systems. This can be remedied by resetting your password in your account.
- Navigate to the “My Learning” section if you have not completed your course.
- If your course is completed or expired, it will appear under the Completed/Expired tab.
- Click “Launch” and then launch the specific section of the course on which you are working. Finally, push “Click to Launch.”
- You may need to allow pop-ups on your system. A light-yellow ribbon will appear on the top of your browser screen. Click options, and then select, “Allow pop-ups for behav-tech.westnetmlp.com.”
- If you are working on the DBT Skills Training course, click the “DBT Skills” link on the left.
- When you are finished working on the course, click the “Exit” button to save your progress.
Additional troubleshooting for a course that is not working
If your course still isn’t working after you have updated Flash, here are some additional things to try. Note — the course only works in Firefox, so opening it in other browsers will not help.
- Check for any Firefox updates. Install updates and restart Firefox if needed.
- Refresh Firefox settings — this will restore Firefox to default settings (note: you will need to allow pop-ups again after you go through this process).
- Uninstall and reinstall Firefox.
Access Your CE Letter of Completion
Your letter of completion will become available when you complete all the learning components of your online training course.
- To print your letter, log in to the online training system. Navigate to My Learning and then to the Transcript section.
- Click the “Print” link next to your completed course.
- Enter in any credentials you would like to appear after your name and select your CE board. Click Submit.
- Your Letter of Completion will open as a PDF file. You may choose to print our download the file using the print and download buttons within your browser.
How to pull a student or staff progress report as a group administrator
Our staff at Behavioral Tech can set up agency administrators with ability to review the progress staff members are making through their courses. If you do not currently have this access and would like it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Please provide the course key you distributed to your staff members – this will allow us to look up their accounts and add them to the report you can create.
To view staff progress:
- Sign in to your online training.
- Click the My Admin View
- Click the Reports
- Then click the Transcripts
- Leave the By Hierarchy Level bubble selected. The hierarchies you have access to will appear under Customer Accounts, Agencies. Expand those by clicking the + symbol and select the check box next to your agency. Then click Select Students.
- Select the individual staff member or choose Select All to get the transcript for the appropriate person or people.
- Click View Transcript.
- You can scroll through each staff member’s transcript completion, as well as print out the report at the bottom.