What is mysticism in practical terms? Benedictine monk and Zen Master, Willigis Jäger, a well-know authority on the subject of humanity’s mystical traditions, describes the spiritual path while explaining what is involved in mystical experience. In the process he broadens our view for a type of consciousness that transcends the old way of looking at the world while conveying a new view of the world and humanity that corroborates the findings of modern science. Here is a view of the world that opens up new horizons while revealing the incredible richness of the Christian culture and other religious cultures.
Want more Mindfulness? You may also enjoy these products:
- From Suffering to Freedom through Acceptance (CD)
- Walking Like Buffalo (CD)
- Putting Your Worries on a Shelf (CD)
- Live Mindfulness with Marsha M. Linehan (four CD set)
- This One Moment – Skills for Everyday Mindfulness (DVD)
- Taking the Path of Zen (Aitken, 1982)
- Song of the Bird (DeMello, 1984)
- Contemplation: A Christian Path (Jäger, 1994)
- Search for the Meaning of Life: Essays and Reflections on the Mystical Experience (Jäger, 1995)
Clinicians who are interested in learning more about integrating mindfulness into therapy, may also like Mindfulness & Acceptance: Expanding the Cognitive Behavioral Tradtion (Hayes et al, 2004).