About DBT Foundational
This pathway allows teams who have hired new staff to get their new members comprehensively trained and “up to speed” in the essential content of DBT. This interactive online course will give you the vital knowledge required to effectively treat your clients with full fidelity to the DBT model.
Throughout this remote learning experience, you’ll hone your clinical performance by learning through didactics, demonstrations of treatment, practice, and recorded discussions of expert DBT therapists that bring to life DBT theory and strategies. You’ll learn how to help clients engage in new behaviors, generate hope and maintain commitment, and troubleshoot and address the problems that may hinder those commitments.
We also ask you to identify a mentor – someone who is a comprehensively trained, experienced member of your home DBT team. He or she will work with you during and after the course to integrate your coursework when treating patients in your clinical practice.
- Educate new members of DBT teams in the content necessary to provide DBT to clients
- Prepare participants to function as active members of a DBT Consultation Team
- Educate participants in decision-making processes required to determine the most effective treatment plans for patients with multiple problems and high-risk
- DBT individual therapist
- DBT skills trainer
- DBT pharmacotherapist
- DBT case manager
- You work in an active DBT program and participate in a DBT Consultation Team
- You have a mentor who has been comprehensively trained in DBT
- You hold the legal credentials required in your local jurisdiction to provide mental health treatment