In this section:
About the Course
Learn the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills that are the foundation of DBT treatment. Dr Marsha Linehan has designed this interactive and engaging course to help you master the clinical application of DBT Skills. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the four DBT Skills modules of Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Skills and Distress Tolerance to treat suicidal and difficult to treat clients in your clinical practice.
Understand the process of skills training by watching role-plays and case examples from Dr. Linehan. Explore ways to integrate skills into your practice and get feedback from DBT experts by using our interactive online platform.
This training is a replacement for the previous Online Skills Training which is based on the 1994 Skills Training Manual. This new training includes the most recent updates to the DBT Skills.*
*Please contact Psychwire directly for any inquiries about current student discounts for this product.
- Master the teaching of the four DBT skills modules of mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance.
- Gain the knowledge of how to lead a skills training program in your clinical practice.
- Learn the different clinical roles of DBT skills group leader and co-leader.
- Collaborate with your peers and get feedback on how to approach the unique challenges of implementing DBT skills with difficult-to-treat clients.
- Incorporate mindfulness practice into skills training.
This course is approved for 12 CE/CME hours for multiple CE boards including: NAADAC, NBCC, ACCME, APA, NASWWA, plus NYSED and CA Nursing Board. For more detailed information regarding CE, refer to the FAQs on Psychwire’s course page.