We’re often so caught up in our insecurities and fears – thinking about the past or worrying about the future – that we miss the very moment we’re in. We escape the present moment, seeking comfort from old, habitual behaviors. Yet our uneasiness and discomfort linger as a backdrop in our lives. In this unique video, Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., ABPP offers Eastern and Western practical wisdom for finding joy, self-understanding, and freedom from our insecurities by living fully and consciously in the present. With anecdotes, exercises, and demonstration, Linehan guides you step-by-step through six fundamental mindfulness skills that prepare the foundation for a “Wise Mind” and living fully awake and free in daily life.
This DVD is part of a four video set, From Chaos to Freedom DBT Skills Training videos.
This video makes reference to a workbook, Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder.
Want more Mindfulness? You may also enjoy these products:
- Walking Like Buffalo (CD)
- Putting Your Worries on a Shelf (CD)
- Live Mindfulness with Marsha M. Linehan (four CD set)
- Taking the Path of Zen (Aitken, 1982)
- Song of the Bird (DeMello, 1984)
- Contemplation: A Christian Path (Jäger, 1994)
- Search for the Meaning of Life: Essays and Reflections on the Mystical Experience (Jäger, 1995)
- Mysticism for Modern Times: Conversations with Willigis Jäger (Quarch, 2005)
Clinicians who are interested in learning more about integrating mindfulness into therapy, may also like Mindfulness & Acceptance: Expanding the Cognitive Behavioral Tradtion (Hayes et al, 2004).
This video is now available to stream online through our Vimeo site: Streaming Videos for Clients and Families.